Digital X-rays in Mississauga
Safe, fast, convenient, and environmentally responsible!
Digital imaging or computer x-rays have had a dramatic impact on dental care. While we have always had film x-rays, now, with digital technology, images of your teeth appear instantly on a computer screen within your view. Dr. Šarić and her associate doctors use these images to help you understand your dental health and to help you decide on any treatment that you may be considering.
At your initial visit, we will examine your teeth and recommend dental imaging that is specific to your individual needs. Imaging is a very important part of your dental care allowing us to see what is not visible to the naked eye, prevent undesirable outcomes and recommend suitable treatment. Should you need to be referred to a Specialist, dental imaging allows us to send your image (with your permission) to doctors who can immediately see and understand the nature of your care.
Benefits of Digital Imaging:
- Up to 90% reduction in x-ray energy (radiation)
- High resolution images appear on screen instantly
- No developer chemistry smell in office
- Used to detect a wide range of dental conditions
- Shows impacted, extra or missing teeth
- Used to evaluate jaw bone loss resulting from gum disease
- Integral in the planning of any restorative treatment including dental implants
Throughout your lifetime, we will continue to conservatively recommend dental imaging to ensure your optimal, long term dental health. As always, we welcome any questions you may have.